NARRAPORT FOOTBALL & CRICKET GROUND
In August 2003 a large crowd gathered at the old Football & Cricket Ground to witness the unveiling of a board to mark the football ground and a plaque to commemorate the Green Mill?
After all, it was only an old tin shed!- first built about 1914, although the exact year is unknown. It is believed the name came from a dance hall in London where the first World War soldiers spent some of their leave.The first building came to a sudden ending when it was hit by a severe wind storm on November 17, 1933. A second building was then erected , but was demolished when white ants ruined the structure in the late 'sixties. The third and last Green Mill was built in 1968.
SAV & ROLLS AT THE FOOTBALL 1934
Back in the good old days-
AFTERNOON TEA AT THE GREEN MILL
A Painting by Karen Atkins (Curnow)