Extract from Pioneers & Progress by Mr M P Boyce
On April 24th 1891, The Narraport Football Club held a meeting at Sheahan's Narraport Post Office and reformed the club, with Mr T Ison as captain. Mr Ison had been a very prominent player with the Hamilton Club for a number of years before coming to the district. Sheahan Bros, offered land for the club to play on.
The Narraport football ground was at the "Minnie" as Narraport and the district further north was much later being selected. The offer of Sheahan Bros, was accepted, the meeting decided on red and white colours, and the club played at Sheahan's until the First World War. After the war the ground was moved to Allan's, Thalia (folding ground) and this remained the site until the club amalgamated with Wycheproof in 1964.
Mr Thomas Ison